Thursday, December 1, 2011

Country Dream Home - Great Room Decor Inspiration

I am so unbelievably excited to start decorating my country home - it needs to hurry up and be built! 

Here are a few pictures of what the original Great Room of the home in South Carolina looks like:


This is the original living room side of the Great Room.  There's a lot of light and beautiful french doors that open up to a wrap-around porch. 


Here is the other side of the Great Room that is used as more of a formal dining room in the original house. Since I will have a large eat-in kitchen I will use this side of the room as more of a cocktail/lounge area.  And instead of having 2 doorways leading into the keeping room I will have large sliding barn doors in the middle of the wall as discussed in a previous post. 


This view shows the expanse of the Great Room.


Love the double fireplaces!  As you can see through the doorway, this homeowner uses the keeping room as another sitting room but my harvest table will be here instead since the keeping room is open and connected to the kitchen.  I will also have french doors opening onto the patio.


This is the entryway from the front door into the Great Room.  I can just picture a huge vase of fragrant garden flowers on the round table in the spring and summer and a giant Christmas tree placed here for the holidays!


The front door from the inside.


Okay, so now for the rooms that are inspiration for the way I want to decorate the Great Room once the house is built:


Inspiration for the "Living Room" side of the Great Room


This room looks familiar, right? You've seen it here in a previous post.  I'm obsessed with this room and I know that it belongs in my country home because it's been a few years since I've first seen this room and it's still my favourite.  This room is actually a studio suite - so instead of the daybed I will have a large, plush white couch.  I will paint around the windows and french doors black as well.  And I LOVE the black and white stripes!  This room is one part glam and three parts shabby chic parisian decor!




And now for the "Cocktail/Lounge" side of the Great Room - it will be one part shabby chic parisian and three parts glam so that the 2 sides will be coordinated. (Also try to picture the "original" room layout with the large sliding doors into the keeping room!)


Again, the above and below are images you've seen before here.  I first saw this room more than a few years ago and fell in love with it and I still love it.  I am so excited to be able to incorporate both of my favourite rooms into one large dreamy Great Room!!!


So glamourous!  I will incorporate black and white stripes and "earthy" elements into this side and a few "shiny" glam elements into the living room side so that it will be cohesive, yet still 2 distinctive rooms.


And one more inspiring image - I can't forget about incorporating storage areas since there won't be a basement!!



Isn't this a great idea?! And this staircase looks like it actually is from the original house, doesn't it?



What do you think?
Any suggestions on how I can combine these 2 beautiful rooms to make 1 even more beautiful room?

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin