I haven't tried it out yet but they look really cute from the pictures and it's a major bonus (on my new student budget) that all the materials can be purchased at the dollar store!
- Tin tray (available at Dollarama)
- Candlestick – look for one that’s wider at the bottom and has a flat top (available at Dollarama)
- Epoxy that can be used on metal and wood (available at your local hardware store)
- Spray primer
- Enamel spray paint in the colour of your choice
- Heavy objects, like a book or small hand weight
- Following the directions on the packaging, apply a small amount of epoxy to the top edges of your candlestick and secure to the centre of the bottom side of your tin tray.
- Carefully place a heavy object on top of your tray and set aside to dry.
- Once dry, coat the tray and candlestick completely with spray primer and let dry.
- Next, spray your cake stand with enamel paint and allow it to dry.
- Finally, add some delicious treats and you’re good to go!
Tip: To make the cake stand food-safe, place printed or coloured paper underneath all food that isn’t wrapped.
Is this a DIY project you think you'd give a try?