Thursday, December 1, 2011

Country Dream Home

Life has been crazy lately and unfortunately I've really slacked off on postings. Sorry!

However, I'm extremely happy to say that there is something REALLY exciting in the works right now for me - a new country dream house!!!

Below are pictures of what it will look like on the outside.  Some changes are going to be made though - there will be a large family room built on the back and the wrap-around porch will be extended.  I'm also going to have a beautiful walk-out patio off of the kitchen/keeping room!

I've always dreamt of having a beautiful house with a big wrap-around porch!  With Christmas coming I can really envision it festively decorated! Yay!!!



Front View



Alternate Front View


My favourite view of the house!


Left Side View - entrance off of the Living Room/Great Room and the Study



Right Side View - I'm going to have an extension built on the far right side that will be the Family/Media Room.  Where you see the porch and to the left is the Kitchen/Keeping Room.  I'm going to have a mudroom off of the family/media room and that little porch will be removed and the whole wall opened up to windows and french doors for a beautiful walkout.  The property I'm building on has a gorgeous pond and gardens that will be in view here and I want to be able to see it when working in the kitchen and having family dinners :)


Back View - to the left is where the extension for the family/media room and mudroom will be built.



This is the floor plan for the main floor of the house.  There will be some changes made - mainly the extension behind the kitchen, breakfast nook, and bathroom for the family room and mudroom.

This is the upstairs. I would like to have a balcony off the master bedroom.  The walk-in off the master also doubles as a laundry because there is no basement in the house.  I was also considering adding a laundry in the mudroom.  Have any of you seen a mudroom with a laundry? What do you think about this idea?


Above and below are the porch areas.  I am so in love - how amazing will it be to take breakfast here and have cocktails?! I can curl up and read here, entertain, and host dinner parties and luncheons... *dreamy




What do you think about the house overall?
Isn't it just darling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin